Timeline of Computing 1970-1979
– RAM: Intel introduces the world’s first available dynamic RAM ( random-access memory) chip and the first microprocessor, the Intel 4004
1971 – 1977
– Intel introduce first dynamic RAM (Random Access Memory)
– E-mail: is invented by Ray Tomlinson
– Liquid Crystal Display ( LCD ):is developed by James Fergason
– Pocket calculator: is invented by Sharp Corporation
– Floppy Disk: is created by David Noble with IBM – Nicknamed the “Floppy” for its flexibility.
– First Video Game: Atari releases Pong, the first commercial video game
– The CD: the compact disc is invented in the United States.
– Robert Metcalfe and David Boggs: creates the Ethernet, a local-area network (LAN) protocol
– Personal computer: The minicomputer Xerox Alto (1973) was a landmark step in the development of personal computers
– SQL: IBM develops SEQUEL (Structured English Query Language ) now known as SQL
– The first personal computers.
– IBM and Apple was just a couple of the brands that put out the first personal computers.
– Microsoft is born. Bill Gates worked with Paul Allen to develop BASIC for the Altair 8800
– Norwegian company Mycron releases its MYCRO-1, the first single-board computer
– Over half a million computers are in use in the United States